Welcome to AmeriCorps Cape Cod
Since 1999, Barnstable County’s AmeriCorps Cape Cod program has engaged service-minded adults to fulfill a variety of environmental and disaster preparedness needs across Cape Cod. Each year we recruit, train, and host 24 national service members, who make an 11-month full-time volunteer commitment to Cape Cod. Our program, supported by Barnstable County and the AmeriCorps federal agency, is dedicated to bringing in skilled young professionals to serve on capacity building projects for municipal governments and non-profit organizations across all 15 towns of the Cape. Our focus areas include natural resource management, disaster preparedness and response, environmental education, and volunteer engagement.
Whether removing invasive plant species on conservation land, propagating oysters with a local shellfish department, staffing regional emergency shelters during a Nor’easter, or educating kids about the importance of water quality, we strive to meet the diverse and dynamic needs of the Cape Cod community.
- Recycle Broken or Unwanted Holiday Lights at All Cape Cod Transfer Stations
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod Year 25: Dedicated Service Begins!
- You are invited! AmeriCorps Cape Cod Celebrates 25 Years of Service
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod and the American Red Cross of MA Southeastern Chapter to Host September 11 National Day of Service
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod’s Year 25 Group Service Project Proposal Form Now Open!