As an employee of Barnstable County, you are offered a great career opportunity. In addition, if applicable, The County’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits including:
- 75% county paid Health and Dental Insurance premiums with incentive-based wellness programs
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic GROUP LIFE INSURANCE and Voluntary life insurance
- AFLAC Benefits
- Barnstable County Pension Plan and optional voluntary Deferred Compensation 457(b) plans
- 15 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Reimbursement for employee at colleges and universities
- Short-Term and Short Term/Long Term Disability participation options
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
Thank you for your interest in joining the County of Barnstable. Barnstable County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Below are the current employment opportunities available within the County.
Please SELECT ONE format for submitting your application to avoid processing duplicates. Faxed resumes are not accepted.
- SUBMIT ONLINE – Navigate to the desired job listing below and click on the corresponding link to apply for the applicable position. You may also use this Barnstable County Employment Application link to apply. You will be directed to the Application form in DocuSign where you will also have options to upload your resume and cover letter.
- DOWNLOAD the fillable APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT and (along with any additional documents, such as resume and cover letter) email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Barnstable County Human Resources, PO Box 427 Barnstable, MA 02630.
You will receive a reply acknowledging receipt of your application.
The County reserves the right to modify the application deadline. After the deadline, all applications will be reviewed and the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews. All applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
If you are interested in an internship at Barnstable County, please complete an application. We accept internship applications on a rolling basis.
View On Roads to Opportunities Manual here
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS
- Children’s Cove Staff Support Intern – Spring 2024
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please provide a description of the accommodation you will need, including as much detail as you can. In addition, please include a way we may contact you if we need more information. Please allow at last two weeks (14 days) advance notice. Last minute requests will be accepted but may be impossible to fill.
Send an email to Justyna Marczak, Barnstable County ADA Coordinator at email@example.com or call 508-375-6646.
BARNSTABLE COUNTY NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Barnstable County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, veteran history/military status or genetic information, in the administration of its programs and activities, as required by applicable laws and regulations.
If you have any questions about this notice or any of the Barnstable County’s nondiscrimination programs, policies, or procedures, you may contact:
P.O. Box 427
Barnstable, MA 02630
Phone Number: (508) 375-6646
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that you have been discriminated against with respect to a Barnstable County program or activity, you may contact the Non-Discrimination Coordinator identified above or file a complaint of discrimination by following this link: Non Discrimination Complaint Form or by downloading a fillable Complaint Form here.
- County Government
- About the County
- Meeting Center
- Assembly of Delegates
Board of Regional Commissioners
- Commissioners Meetings
- Administrative Code
- Regional County Clerk
- County Administration
- FY25 Proposed Budget
- Annual Reports
- Capital Projects
- Human Resources
- Board of Regional Commissioners Calendar
- Town Websites
- Barnstable County Registry of Deeds