October 6, 2020 – Thunderstorms and Wind Advisory for Cape Cod & Islands On Wednesday
Published on: October 6, 2020
A strong cold front will bring the threat for isolated strong to severe thunderstorms across portions of Southern New England. A Wind Advisory has also been posted for the Cape and Islands from Wednesday at noon to Thursday at 2 AM for both pre and post-frontal winds with gusts up to 50 mph.
- Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms with damaging winds.
- Much of southern New England, but especially Cape Cod and the Islands, where a Wind Advisory has been issued.
- Wednesday afternoon into evening.
- With trees still fully leaved across the region, strong winds could bring down trees and power lines.
- BCREPC is monitoring weather reports and will provide updates as needed.