Barnstable County to Participate at Annual 55+ Community Safety Day
Barnstable County is pleased to have multiple departments represented at the upcoming Town of Barnstable’s 2nd Annual 55+ Community Safety Day. Join us at the Barnstable Adult Community Center on September 28th, from 10 am to 4 pm, for a day focused on providing valuable information and resources.
This event aims to support Barnstable’s older adult residents by offering practical tools and knowledge to enhance their safety at home, online, and in their neighborhoods.
Below is a list of attendees from Barnstable County:
- Emergency Preparedness – Regional Emergency Planning
- County Communications – Commissioners Office
- Public Health Nurses – Health & Environment Dept.
- SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) and Substance Use – Human Services Dept.
- Tick Bite Prevention/ County Entomologist- Cooperative Extension
- Nutrition and Food Access/ Extension Nutrition Educators – Cooperative Extension
- Flood Preparedness/ Floodplain Specialist & CRS Coordinator – Cape Cod Cooperative Extension
To get a sense of what to expect, you can watch the Town of Barnstable’s promo video from last year. https://fb.watch/mX5iiFWBGW/