Cape Cod Healthcare Announces September Blood Drives
(September 1, 2021 – Hyannis, MA) Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are in urgent need of blood donations, and numerous blood drives are being held across Cape Cod in September to benefit Cape Cod Healthcare (CCHC). Cape Cod and Falmouth hospitals must have at least one week’s worth of blood on hand at all times. Since each unit collected or purchased only lasts 42 days, it is a constant challenge to maintain sufficient supply. All the blood collected at Cape Cod Healthcare blood drives stays on Cape Cod to help our families, friends and neighbors.
Donors to CCHC blood drives in September will receive either a commemorative T-shirt or an Amazon gift card.
The Nicholas G. Xiarhos Blood Donor Center inside Cape Cod Hospital is open by appointment only from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Appointments are required at all blood drives. To make an appointment for the Nicholas G. Xiarhos Blood Donor Center, please call us at 508-862-5663. To make an appointment at an upcoming blood drive, please visit www.capecodhealth.org/give-blood
September 2021 CCHC Blood Drives
- September 1: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Cape Cod Radio Rock N’ Roll Up Your Sleeve Blood Drive, Cape Cod Mall (across from Hollister Co. next to Verizon Wireless), 769 Iyannough Rd, Hyannis
- September 2: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., WHOI, Clark Lab, 5th Floor, 360 Woods Hole Rd, Woods Hole
- September 8: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Northside United Methodist Church, 701 Airline Rd, Brewster
- September 9: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Cape Cod 5 Community Blood Drive, Cape Codder Resort and Spa, 1225 Iyannough Rd, Hyannis
- September 13: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Harwich Police, 183 Sisson Rd, Harwich
- September 14: 12 noon – 6 p.m., Chatham Works, 323 Orleans Rd., N. Chatham
- September 16: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Falmouth Hospital, 100 Ter Heun Drive, Falmouth
- September 17: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., St. Joan of Arc, 61 Canal Rd, Orleans
- September 20: 11 a.m. – 5 m., Clark-Haddad American Legion Post 188, 20 Main Street, Sandwich
- September 21: 9:30 m. – 3:30 p.m., Shepley Showcase, 75 Benjamin Franklin Way, Hyannis
- September 23: 11 a.m. – 5 m., Brewster Police, 631 Harwich Rd, Brewster
- September 24: 10 a.m. – 4 m., Holy Trinity Church, 246 Main Street, W. Harwich
- September 27: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 m., Cotuit Federated Church, 40 School St., Cotuit
- September 28: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Barnstable Police Department Community Blood Drive, at Cape Cod Hospital, 27 Park Street, Hyannis
- September 29: 10m. – 4 p.m., Orleans Police Department, 99 Eldredge Park Way, Orleans
- September 30: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Chatham Community Center, 702 Main Street, Chatham
About Cape Cod Healthcare
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 500 physicians, 5,700 employees and 790 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare is comprised of two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility, four urgent care centers (with two additional centers coming in 2021 and 2022) and numerous health programs. For more information, visit the Cape Cod Healthcare website at www.capecodhealth.org. For the latest in relevant and credible healthcare news, visit www.capecodhealthnews.com.