December 4, 2020 – BCREPC Weather Update | High Wind Watch for Cape Cod and the Islands on Saturday
Information from Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC).
Strong winds are likely along the coast and a high wind watch has been issued for coastal Plymouth county to Cape Cod and the Islands Saturday into Saturday night.
Gusts could be 60-65 mph resulting in possible scattered power outages across the region. The MACC is on standby for this event and continues to monitor this situation.
Read the following National Weather Service – Boston/Norton report 12/4/2020 4:15 AM:
▪ Strong storm will bring heavy rain changing to a period of heavy snow across the interior along with strong wind gusts along the coast.
▪ Saturday into Saturday Night
HAZARDS & IMPACTS
▪ Significant snow accumulation possible over the interior with scattered power outages where heavy snow accumulates
▪ Areas of urban and poor drainage street flooding possible across RI and southeast MA
▪ Strong winds along the coast; gales and very rough seas coastal waters
▪ Winter Storm Watch across most of west, central and northeast Massachusetts; High Wind Watch for coastal Plymouth county and Cape/Islands
▪ Axis of heaviest snowfall may shift east or west depending on the track of the storm
▪ Later forecasts may show higher or lower snowfall totals for a given location depending on any changes to the storm track
By 6pm Friday, December 4
Please also refer to NOAA’s Winter Weather page (https://www.weather.gov/box/winter) for additional information.