Investing in water and sewer infrastructure through projects that align with those eligible under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s:
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) – 11 types of projects are eligible
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF)– 6 types of projects are eligible.
- Or are on a short list of additional eligible projects that includes:
- Culvert repair and removal, replacement of storm sewers, and additional types of stormwater infrastructure
- Infrastructure to improve access to safe drinking water for individuals served by residential wells.
- Dam and reservoir rehabilitation if the project is necessary for provision of drinking water.
- A broad set of lead remediation projects.
More links to water funding sources: Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: A Historic Investment in Water Fact Sheet (epa.gov)
Barnstable County is pleased to provide low-interest betterment loans to Cape Cod homeowners faced with the cost of replacing their septic systems. Cape Cod AquiFund provides financial assistance for septic system replacement, installation of advanced onsite wastewater treatment units, and sewer connections.
- ARPA/Recovery Resource Center
- Grant Making Organizations on Cape Cod
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- National Association of Counties
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Negative Economic Impacts
- Support Public Health Response
- Water and Sewer Infrastructure Resources
- Broadband and Infrastucture
- Barnstable County Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)