[January 6, 2022 – 3:30 PM | Winter Storm Warning in Effect for Cape Cod and Islands (except Nantucket)
Update provided by National Weather Service (NWS)
Winter Storm Warning is in effect for our first winter storm of the season. This is will be a quick hitting winter storm with 2-3 hours window of 1-2″/hour snowfall rate across Easter MA and RI that coincides with Friday morning commute between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM.
- Snow accumulation of 6-8 inches, localized 8-10 inches
- 1-2 inches per hour snowfall rate coinciding with AM commute
- Hazardous travel conditions
- Main event will be between 5 AM and 10 AM on Friday morning
- Former prediction of mostly rain for Cape and Islands is now snow probable for Cape and Islands except Nantucket, where rain could mix in.
- Dry but cold blustery Friday night into Saturday.
No coastal flood issues Friday and Saturday
- Surge around 1- 1.5 feet, but offshore winds (NW) & lower astro tides compared to this past weekend.