EMERGENCY PLANNING > REPC Featured > [November 12, 2021] NWS Boston Report Potential Severe Storms Today
[November 12, 2021] NWS Boston Report Potential Severe Storms Today
Published on: November 12, 2021
▪ Widespread rain showers with a period of heavy downpours and gusty winds today.
▪ Low risk for a few strong to severe storms, greatest risk over CT, RI, & southeast MA.
▪ Heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms moves into western MA/CT after 10-11 AM and reaches eastern MA/RI after 1-2 PM. Exits SE New England Coast by 6-7 PM.
Hazards and Impact
▪ 35-45 mph wind gusts with up to 50 mph, mainly over RI and E MA.
▪ Heavy rain, 0.75-1.5 inches, locally 2+ inches.
▪ Low risk of an isolated severe storm with damaging winds or a tornado.
Wind Advisory for the south coast of MA/RI and portions of E MA.
▪ Uncertain if any thunderstorms will become severe.
▪ Dry to start Saturday with cooler temperatures.
▪ Strong gusty winds late Saturday and perhaps a few thunderstorms.