BCREPC and Regional Partners Discuss Developments on Storm Restoration
Media Alert 008:
Information from the Barnstable County Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC)
BCRECP and Regional Partners Discuss Developments on Storm Restoration
Committee members convened at 4:30 PM today
October 29, 2021 (Barnstable, MA) – The Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC), comprised of state, county, and local officials, first responders, emergency managers, elected officials, and other regional partners, met Friday afternoon for a remote call to discuss storm impact and recovery for the region.
CURRENT AND PROJECTED WEATHER
- Currently no weather watches or warnings.
- Temperatures tonight will be in the 55-66 degrees range, slightly warmer than predicted earlier.
- A low pressure will be coming in tomorrow; peak time starting at approximately 2:00 PM with potential wind gusts up to 35-45 MPH, especially on the Outer Cape.
UPDATE FROM UTILITIES
- Crews continue to work rapidly and Eversource continues to be confident in the global estimated time of restoration (ETR) set for Saturday at 6:00PM
- See town specific ETR’s on the Eversource website.
- Customer specific ETRs will soon be available on the Eversource website.
- Verizon reports emerging service issues on Nantucket due to a problem with a cell tower and they are responding.No capacity issues on Cape Cod.
MULTI-AGENCY COORDINATION CENTER (MACC)
The MACC continues to assist the 15 towns and various agencies with service requests.
No shelters will be opening this evening, but the BCREPC and shelter partners are on stand-by if it is necessary. Warming/device charging stations have been made available in most towns. Visit www.bcrepc.org or www.barnstablecounty.org to see a current list of these stations available to the community by town. If your organization/agency would like to be added to this list, please email Sonja.email@example.com
THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE AWARE OF LOOSE OR FALLING BRANCHES
Risk has increased for falling limbs and branches. Residents are reminded to be aware of the environment when outdoors to avoid being injured.
ABOUT BARNSTABLE COUNTY REGIONAL EMERGENCY PLANNING COMMITTEE: The Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC) is a coalition of law enforcement, fire service, health care, public health, public works, EMS, military, and numerous other affiliated agencies as outlined by the Massachusetts State Emergency Response Committee (SERC). It represents the towns of Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Dennis, Eastham, Falmouth, Harwich, Mashpee, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Truro, Wellfleet, and Yarmouth in Barnstable County, and the town of Nantucket in Nantucket County. The mission of the BCREPC is to harness the power of planning, cooperation, and interoperability to assist Cape Cod communities in mitigating the threat from any hazard which may require the response of multiple jurisdictions. Learn more at www.bcrepc.org