Your Toolkit for Understanding and Managing Child Tax Credit Payments
Do you have questions about coronavirus-related tax relief, Economic Impact Payments (EIP), how to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit and the new advanced Child Tax Credit? Please find a comprehensive list of resources to guide you.
IRS announces two new online tools to help families manage Child Tax Credit payments; one of three tools now available for the upcoming advance payments:
New The Child Tax Credit Eligibility Assistant allows families to answer a series of questions to quickly determine whether they qualify for the advance credit.
New The Child Tax Credit Update Portal allows families to verify their eligibility for the payments and if they choose to, unenroll, or opt out from receiving the monthly payments so they can receive a lump sum when they file their tax return next year.
The Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool English | Spanish (new)
New IRS and community partners team up in 12 cities to provide free tax help for families to get advance Child Tax Credit payments and Economic Impact Payments to help eligible families, particularly those who normally do not file a federal tax return, file a 2020 income tax return or register for the monthly Advance Child Tax Credit (AdvCTC) payments using the new Non-filer Sign-up Tool.
IRS releases two new toolkits to assist partners and taxpayers with Advance Child Tax Credit payments (see below for links:)
Publication 5537, IRS Toolkit for Partners: Advance Payments of the 2021 Child Tax Credit includes basic information and resources to help people learn about these payments and for IRS partners to help spread the word, such as FAQs, social media content, ready to use articles, videos and more.
Publication 5538, A Step-by-Step Guide to Using the Non-filer Sign-up Tool for Child Tax Credit & Economic Impact Payments walks non-filers through the process of determining if they qualify and then how to register for their payment.
- IRS online tool helps families see if they qualify for the Child Tax Credit; one of three tools now available for the upcoming advance payments English | Spanish | Chinese (Simplified)
- IRS and community partners team up to provide free tax help for families to get advance Child Tax Credit payments and Economic Impact Payments English | Spanish
- IRS announces two new online tools to help families manage Child Tax Credit payments English | Spanish | Chinese (Simplified)
- Here’s what you can do in the IRS Child Tax Credit Portal English | Spanish
- How the expanded 2021 child tax credit can help your family English | Spanish │ Chinese-Simplified
- If you don’t have to file taxes, you may need to register for monthly advance Child Tax Credit Payments English | Spanish