MAIN BARNSTABLE COUNTY > MAIN COUNTY FEATURED NEWS > Barnstable Village Improvements | Construction Update 10.21.19 – 11.1.19
Barnstable Village Improvements | Construction Update 10.21.19 – 11.1.19
Published on: October 21, 2019
Performance of the following work is scheduled to occur from October 21, 2019 to November 1, 2019 in Barnstable Village.
- Continue installing catch basins, drainage manholes, and drainage pipes on Main Street – The work will be performed in Main Street between Railroad Avenue and Mill Way. This work involves excavating pits and trenches, placing the structures and pipes, then backfilling and compacting. The disturbed areas of the road are to be patched with temporary pavement at least weekly.
- Continue reconstructing sidewalks on Mill Way – The work will be performed between Main Street and Barnstable Harbor Marina. This involves removing the existing asphalt sidewalks, removing and resetting the granite curbs, and grading and compacting the sidewalk base material. The disturbed areas will be left in a temporary usable condition and will be paved later in the project.
- Removing trees at approved locations – This includes 14 trees on Main Street and 2 trees on Mill Way. The stumps will also be removed.
- Remove and reset granite curbs on Main Street and Mill Way – This work will remove any curbing in unsatisfactory condition, and establish uniform lane widths and proper curb heights. The disturbed areas of the road are to be patched with temporary pavement at least weekly.
- Other associated work – Includes setup and cleanup, traffic management, erosion controls, etc.
This schedule is subject to change depending on weather conditions and other factors.
This information was provided by Barnstable Department of Public Works.